Refresher - Altium Designer - 2 Days
This class is designed to provide a 2-day (12 hours total, 6 hours per day) refresher training with Altium Designer Version 17 (AD17) for engineers and designers who don't use Altium Designer on a consistent basis due to the nature of their jobs. The class focuses on the areas where lack of familiarity with the tool will impede the design flow.
Note that this class should only be taken after attending the Altium Designer Boot Camp offered by Nine Dot Connects or has prior experience of design, layout and manufacturing of a PCB using Altium Designer.
The course will target the following subjects:
Navigation of Altium Designer
- This section will acquaint the student with the features of the AD17 environment, including workspace panels and the ability to navigate within the schematic, schematic library, PCB, and footprint library editors. It will also review the format and extensions of the PCB project in the Projects panel.
- Schematic entry basics will be reviewed, including best practices and helpful search techniques to assist in quickly finding components that Altium makes available.
– This section will focus on the Engineering Change Order (ECO) process of "compiling" the schematics and resolving any Electrical Rule checker (ERC) errors or warnings. The ECO process and its configuration options will also be discussed.
- A thorough review of the routing capability within the PCB layout editor.
- This section will focus on configuring the .Outjob file for automating and generating key documents expected by the fabricators and assemblers.
You will be provided with a training manual (175-pages).
Cost: $1,595 (interactive, instructor-led online)
“The combination of a structured training course and flexible coaching hours for diving into detail questions has greatly increased the value we extract from Altium Designer. Nine Dot Connects gives us the experience of having an in-house Altium expert to bounce questions off, but at a much lower cost than trying to hire someone with this experience.”
Colin O'Flynn - CTO, NewAE Technology Inc.
"We first worked with Nine Dot Connects via their Altium Designer Boot Camp course. This course was both informative and practical. The instructor gave us a lot of advice that only a seasoned veteran of PCB design and Altium could provide. We also contracted with Nine Dot Connects for PCB layout services. The work was done very quickly and with high quality. I can wholeheartedly recommend them for both design and layout. Thanks to their services we have been able to keep our project on schedule."
Timothy Benson - EE, Xylem Inc.
"Taking a design from a start to end in the proper order. I took this course from (another provider) a couple of years ago. (it was) taught out of sequence - didn't get around to talking about library parts until day 3. Complete waste of time. Your course was far more valuable."
Ken Gott - Development Engineer, Sciton Inc.
"Dan Goddard performed training for 5 people for three days at our facility, and it was absolutely worth it. By the end of the third day, all persons under training were capable of taking a design from a sketch to a PCB layout. The training was absolutely worth every penny, and Dan’s industry knowledge and expertise in PCB design was the key to this success."
Scot Shermer, Senior Engineer - GE Oil & Gas
"Chip Pierce was an outstanding instructor. Deep understanding of and experience with the material, and ability to tailor the course to the skill level of the class made it an enjoyable 3 days. The flow of course material was logical and easy to follow, building on the lessons and days before.
Michael Rodzinski - Mechanical Test Systems Engineer, Tesla Motors, Inc.
“Nine Dot Connects trainer, Dan Goddard, is the best software instructor that I have seen in my 30 year engineering career. I have never seen an instructor so familiar with every feature of such a complex software product like Altium Designer. His extensive experience in using the software for numerous PCB designs allows him to impart extremely practical knowledge upon the trainees related to pitfalls encountered while using the software. There was no question that Dan could not answer. Outstanding course!”
John Tarmas - Electronics Engineer, Department of the Navy
“Dan Goddard taught a 3-day Altium class in Jacksonville from 9/6 to 9/8. He did an excellent job. I have not had such a good training class in long time. I had to leave before he finished the PCB routing section, so I did not get to say thanks for a job well done.”
Robert Loe, Fleet Readiness Center Southeast (FRCSE)>