Why Nine Dot Connects?
We at Nine Dot Connects are a PCB design centric organization. That entails an understanding of all aspects of the design process, from design specification and component libraries, to manufacturing documentation and layout Design For Manufacturing (DFM).
We believe in a “holistic” approach to the design process. To be successful at designing PCBs, one must know how all aspects of the design come together. Much of our site, services, training, and focus are dedicated to that perspective. We also recognize that EDA tools are at the heart of the entire PCB process, for they provide the schematics and layout tools necessary to capture the design both symbolically and physically, respectively.
When Altium Inc. ended its Value Added Reseller (VAR) channel in 2015, Nine Dot Connects took the opportunity to look beyond EDA tools and expanded our horizons to become best-in-class experts in all things PCB. Through our service and training programs, we were not only able to hone our skill set, it allowed us to maintain and increase our expert knowledge in Altium Designer.
When Dassault Systems recognized our advanced PCB abilities and our knowledge of Altium Designer, they approached us to help with their EDA product, SOLIDWORKS PCB. In turn, we recognized a tremendous opportunity to partner with a highly respected company that is endeavoring to become a powerful force in the EDA industry.
We at Nine Dot Connects are privileged to be selected by Dassault Systems to represent SOLIDWORKS PCB throughout North America.
Check out our link on About You.
Altium Designer experts and what they means to you
We at Nine Dot Connects have a deep history with Altium Designer, which allows us to support both SOLIDWORKS PCB and Altium Designer customers.
- SALES: Many of us sold Altium Designer as former employees or as a VAR. We know what the tool is capable of and we avoid hype – we tell it as is because we will support it after the sale. But more so, because we know the PCB design process, we can have an intelligent conversation about the design process in your company. Though we all follow the same design flow, no two companies have the same process.
- What they means to you: We know that there is a major monetary outlay when it comes to tools of this nature. You want to be certain that after the sale, someone will be there to assist. We want you to know what you are buying, and more importantly, that you have made an intelligent decision on what you are buying.
- TECHNICAL: Many of us were former applications engineers employed by Altium. We provided support, wrote training manuals, instructed classes, and presented to customers who were interested in purchasing the Altium Designer.
- What they means to you: We know the tool and its features. We also understand how important it is to support you after the purchase is completed. Success comes from knowing the tool and we provide that support through our training, coaching and consulting. In addition to supporting SOLIDWORKS PCB, we can also assist you in your Altium needs by providing introduction and advanced training in Altium Designer. We also provide instruction and guidance on Altium related topics such as SPICE, library management, cable harnessing, and can even assist you in the understanding and configuration of the Altium Vault.
- High Speed Signal Layout
- Library Methodology
- Configuration Management
- Cabling in Altium Designer
- DESIGNERS: Many of us are PCB designers with decades of experience with Altium Designer and (other EDA tools as well.) We have seen it all - High speed, RF, FPGAs, high power, analog and any combinations thereof.
- What they means to you: We not only know SOLIDWORKS PCB and Altium Designer from a tool perspective, we also know these tools from a design perspective. We can provide the layout services and design consulting if what you are trying to accomplish is a bit beyond your comfort zone.