Engineering Services Overview
It's key to understand that our model is to work as an extension of your organization's engineering team. This seems like an obvious requirement; however, the complaint that we most often hear about other service providers is that they go silent after the ink dries on the agreement. As the project progresses, the client has little visibility or input until the project is completed or worse when the service provider returns for additional funds due to "unforeseen technical challenges." Unless the design is straightforward, this approach doesn't allow the client to make decisions regarding important engineering trade-offs, resulting in a sub-optimal result or project failure. Our approach is to be in regular communication regarding trade-offs and decision points to ensure the client is fully involved in guiding the design intent.
The list below represents a few of the many areas of our experience and expertise. More so, if you have a project that has an unusual constraint or circumstance, we welcome the challenge!
PCB Design Flow
PCB & System Level Assistance
- Design Review Consultation
- Architectural Engineering
- Functional Specification Development
- Circuit Design & Schematic Capture
- Board, Unit, and System Level Test
- PCB Library Creation and Clean-up
- Centralized PCB Library Implementation
- On-Demand Librarian Fucntion
- FPGA HDL (Verilog & VHDL)
- RF/Antenna Design & Layout
- Controlled Impedance Design
- Design for Noise Reduction
- Fabrication & Assembly Documentation
- PCB Contract Manufacturing Assistance
- PCB DFM Analysis & Optimization
- 3D Body Component Creation
- General Mechanical Design
- Do you have a difficult design schedule to meet without outside help but unsure of the quality of work you will receive from a third party?
- Are you tasked with a new PCB design project that requires expertise in areas that are challenging?
- High-Speed Serial
- High-Density Interconnects (HDI)
- Analog and RF Design
- Switching Power Supply
- Though you may own an EDA tool like Altium Designer, OrCAD, PADS, or Allegro, are you concerned that your proficiency in the tool may not be enough to complete a PCB layout project in a timely and low-risk manner?
If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, we at Nine Dot Connects are ready to assist you with our expert design services. Our staff of senior design professionals can help you tackle the challenges of your design.
Although Altium Designer and Cadence Allegro are our preferred tools for PCB creation, our technical staff members have experience in other EDA tool suites such as Mentor PADS. And for cable harness design, we provide coaching and design services using Zuken E3 series.
Our team has deep expertise in electrical engineering, PCB design, fabrication, and assembly. We will not bid or accept an assignment that is beyond our understanding or capabilities. Your time is precious, and we're not going to commit to something that does not fall within the boundaries of our strengths.
Nine Dot Connects review of performance:
We have used Nine Dot Connects over the past 5 months for both in-house instructor-led training and contract services related to part library creation, schematic translation, and board layout translation to Altium-based ECAD tools with very positive results.
The training was the first-rate by highly conversant individuals with the material and good teachers in their own right. The electronic document translation work was handled efficiently and flexibly that dealt with the realities of our ability to support the effort. They were able to fill in the gaps where our resources either unavailable or unable to provide complete information. Because of their knowledge of best practices and industry experience, we now have a solid collection of documents that can be updated and manipulated consistently with a common set of tools.
Jeffrey P. Milsap, P.E. Medical Device EE - Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
I came to Nine Dot Connects with an extremely complicated PCB layout request, including multiple FPGAs with DDR4 interfaces and a large number of transceiver connections at 10+ Gbps. Virginia was the engineer assigned to the project, and she was very detail-oriented and did a great job with the many high-speed interfaces. Communication was always quick, and she could accommodate some schematic changes as the layout went on. She could also leverage another engineer's FPGA experience at Nine Dot Connects to help with the package skews of the FPGA. Despite the difficulty of the project, I am confident in the final layout.
Nima Badizadegan, EE - Calliphony